2018 NBA All-Star Game & Slam Dunk Betting Odds
The NBA All-Star game tips this Sunday at 8 PM EST on TNT. The game will be played in Los Angeles, but we see a change in format from the East vs. West days of old, with Stephen Curry and LeBron James selecting the All-Star rosters, like an old-school dodgeball, pick’em.
There’s also All-Star Saturday Night, which features the Three-Point Contest and Slam Dunk Contest. We’ll go over the odds for the All-Star game, and for the numerous competitions, from some of our top sportsbooks, along with a few picks.
NBA All-Star Game – Team LeBron vs. Team Stephen
The current odds for the game at SportsBetting.ag are Team Lebron -3 and Team Stephen +3, both with -110 vigorish on both sides. The total sits a whopping 341 points.
Team LeBron starters
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
- DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
Team LeBron reserves
- Al Horford, Boston Celtics
- Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors
- Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards
- Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers
- Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons (injury replacement)
- Goran Dragic, Miami Heat (injury replacement)
- Kemba Walker, Charlotte Hornets (injury replacement)
Team Stephen starters
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
* Fifth starter TBA after DeMarcus Cousins injury
Team Stephen reserves
- Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
- Jimmy Butler, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Paul George, Oklahoma City Thunder (injury replacement)
NBA Three-Point Contest
Klay Thompson is the clear favorite, but he’s a better bet at Bovada at +210 than at BetOnline where he’s just +200. Bovada’s odds are better, overall. The most significant difference between the odds at both sites is Kyle Lowry, who is just +850 to win the Three-Point Contest at SportsBetting.ag, but +1000.
Our Pick: Lowry makes a lot of sense at 10/1 especially with his price being so different on Bovada. He’s as good of a shooter as anyone in the competition. Devin Booker at +550 and Wayne Ellington +700 at both sites are also exciting longshot plays. Klay is much too big of a favorite for a competition that is wide open and has so many participants.
NBA Dunk Contest
SportsBetting.ag is the better option for bettors, aside from Larry Nance Jr., which is a better option at Bovada at +300. Smith Jr. at +175, Mitchell at +225, and Oladipo at +450 all should be bet at SportsBetting.ag.
Our Pick: Smith has had some nice dunks this year, but I like the dark horse of Oladipo at +400. He’s the most talented of this group and may wish to show off as a newly established star in the league.