League of Legends (LoL) 2018 World Championship Quarterfinals & Semifinals Betting Odds | Predictions
The Season World Championship Main Event is ongoing and it is the first act in the conclusion of the 2018 League of Legends competitive season. It has two phases, the Group Stage, the one we are in right now, and the Bracket Stage (or Knockout Stage), where we have the Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals. Today we’ll be talking about the quarterfinals odds and the performance along the Group Stage, let’s get on with it!
Group Stage – League of Legends 2018 World Championship Stats
For the Group Stage, we got 16 teams divided into 4 groups (4 teams each). Each group will play a best of one format for double round robin, each team plays against each of its own group’s teams, and then the top 2 teams from each group (8 teams total), get to go to the Quarterfinals. Let’s see the composition of each group!
|Flash Wolves [FW]||A||60%||5.77||57.1%||50.0%||57.1%|
|G2 Esports [G2]||A||70%||4.47||53.8%||69.2%||53.8%|
|Phong Vũ Buffalo [PVB]||A||33%||2.04||50.0%||66.7%||50.0%|
|Afreeca Freecs [AF]||A||70%||4.92||78.9%||63.2%||57.9%|
|Royal Never Give Up [RNG]||B||80%||5.06||73.3%||86.7%||53.3%|
|Team Vitality [VIT]||B||50%||2.77||26.3%||63.2%||42.1%|
|EDward Gaming [EDG]||C||70%||6.11||58.3%||66.7%||75.0%|
|KT Rolster [KT]||C||90%||4.99||72.2%||83.3%||61.1%|
|MAD Team [MAD]||C||30%||2.73||72.2%||55.6%||38.9%|
|Team Liquid [TL]||C||60%||4.78||46.7%||53.3%||66.7%|
|Invictus Gaming [IG]*||D||100%||8.8||66.7%||33.3%||66.7%|
|100 Thieves ||D||40%||3.33||63.2%||57.9%||36.8%|
League of Legends Team Statistics Explanation – How To Use Them
What can we gather from this info? Let’s understand first what each column means and why is it useful for or how is it arranged.
- Team: Clearly the name of the team and its initials, but we also show here with an asterisk which represents teams for which we got less than 3 data points. This is meant to signal which team stats are not as reliable since there is not enough info about them. In general, it’s worth noting that for the majority of the teams we have the stats from the last 10 matches.
- Group: This is the group in which the team was placed and the order from top to bottom signifies which team is more likely to go to quarterfinals.
- WR%: The Win Rate is the percentage representing the times the team has won over the last 10 matches (except for the teams with an asterisk). This means that those teams with 100% Win Rate, excluding the asterisks, are teams with a win streak of at least 10 matches.
- KDA: The Kill Death Assit ratio means how able is the team in average to participate as a group and individually to kill champions in the arena. It is found adding kills and assists and dividing by deaths. So the higher assists mean more team members gang-up against the other and the more kills mean better individual performance.
- FB%: The First Blood Rate is a percentage that shows the team’s ability to get the first kill against the other team. A higher percentage over the last 10 matches shows a great ability for ganks or the ability to make pressure early on since the first kill always happens before the 10-minute mark.
- FT%: The First Tower rate is a percentage that represents the team’s ability to destroy the first tower against the other team. A higher percentage here means that in the last 10 matches the team has shown a great focus on objectives, and since the first tower yields more rewards this also means a slight advantage in gold.
- FBN%: The First Baron Rate is a percentage representing the ability to kill the most important late game objective first time in each game. This is a pivotal point and it is normally the tipping point between who wins a match. The Baron is a neutral mob that gives such a huge boost to not only champions but also creeps that it alone can win a match if well used. You can see here a high correlation between the Win Rate and First Baron Rate which is to be expected given the impact the objective has.
In short, be on the lookout for high “First” percentages (FT, FB, FBN) and high Win Rates since those are the highest performant teams. On that note, since on October 19th the Group Stage will be finished, we have here the current rankings for each group (teams who pass to quarterfinals):
- Group A: 1st Afreeca Freecs and 2nd G2 Sports (winning a tie against Flash Wolves).
- Group B: 1st Royal Never Give Up and 2nd Cloud9 with a tiebreaker.
- Group C: 1st KT Rolster and 2nd EDward Gaming.
- Group D: 1st Invictus Gaming and 2nd Fnatic.
LoL Worlds Championship From QuarterFinals To Semifinals
8 teams will advance to semifinals and the quarterfinals are about to end (Oct 19). Only Group D is left to be decided, which means that groups A, B and C have the winners already. The top teams from each group are Afreeca Freecs, Royal Never Give Up and KT Rolster respectively. You can find the odds for each match at Bovada.lv, here’s an example of how they look.
Who should you bet on during 2018 LoL World Championship?
What do the odds mean? Let’s see, the American odds mean different things depending on its sign (- or +): how much you expect to win or to bet based on a $100 dollars. If it is written positively, then the odds tell how much profit bettors will make on a $100 stake but if it is written negatively, then odds tell how much of a stake is needed to make $100 on the bet.
This means that when the odds are negative the sportsbook considers them favorites. So when having for example [-100] vs [-250], it means that the sportsbook favors to win the highly negative odd [-250], which goes to show that if you want to win $100 you have to bet $250. This is swapped for the positive odds, the lower the number the higher the sportsbook favors them.
LoL Picks During Quarterfinals & Before Semifinals?
In total 8 teams get to go to the start of the Brackets Phase, and only half to the semifinals. Here are then our picks during this phase.
KT Rolster: Honestly the most hoped team to win. Definitely bet in their favor in every matchup.
Royal Never Give Up: Being the top team in Group B makes it a force to be reckoned with. They have the second highest win rate.
EDward Gaming: They are the top winner in Group C with a 70% win rate and the highest First Baron Rate of all teams. To diversify bets, EDG is worth your money.
Cloud9: Hanging in the balance they seem to be picking up speed. Would wait before betting anything on them, but they are nonetheless a classic strong team.
For more information about LoL, best players, best teams in NA and other tournaments or championships be sure to check out our hub page for all things League of Legends!