League of Legends (LoL) 2018 World Championship Semifinals & Finals Betting Odds | Predictions
The 2018 League of Legends World Championship quarterfinals are finished and the results are in, the next step on the ladder is the semifinals and it’s full of surprises. The semifinals will take place in Busan, Gwangju, Incheon between the 27th and 28th of October, that is, this weekend! Ready for the biggest eSport event? Let’s dive deep!
Quarterfinals – League Of Legends 2018 World Championship Stats
|G2 Esports [G2]||12||58.3%||11.4/9.3 (1.23)||58.3%||50.0%||47.9%||54.2%|
|Invictus Gaming [IG]||12||66.7%||13.7/9.8 (1.40)||58.3%||50.0%||71.9%||70.0%|
|Cloud9 [C9]||10||70.0%||13.2/10.6 (1.25)||80.0%||30.0%||57.5%||70.4%|
|Fnatic [FNC]||11||81.8%||13.9/9.2 (1.51)||54.5%||72.7%||58.9%||75.8%|
League Of Legends Team Statistics Explanation – How To Use Them
- Win Rate (WR%): The Win Rate is the percentage representing the times the team has won over the number of games shown. The higher the better, but bear in mind that having a high WR% with a low number or games doesn’t say anything.
- Kill Death Ratio (KD): The Kill Death ratio means how able is the team in average to participate as a group to kill enemy champions in the arena. The higher the better. Take a look at the number of kills and deaths, this gives us info too, because having higher kills could mean taking more risks. For example, Invictus has the highest kills with the third lowest deaths, giving them the highest ratio. This shows great team coordination, a high number of ganks, great vision control, etc.
- First Blook Rate (FB%): The First Blood Rate is a percentage that shows a team’s ability to get the first kill in the game. A higher percentage is better. This tends to be the jungler who dies first or a death by gank, which is usually before hitting level 5. In that sense, a higher percentage could mean better early game.
- First Tower Rate (FT%): The FT rate is a percentage that represents the team’s ability to destroy the first tower against the enemy. A higher percentage is better which shows a better early game. This is highly related to having taken the Rift Herald in the first 15 minutes and taking the first tower gives a slight gold advantage to the team.
- First Dragon Rate (DRAG%): Refers to the team that kills first an elemental dragon. This is a buff, depending on the type of dragon spawn, that could be important for team battles, which is why no matter what all teams keep vision on dragon since it can stack up and help in the end win the game. This is a metric slightly, but importantly, related to the win rate of the team.
- First Baron Nashor Rate (NASH%): The NASH Rate is a percentage representing the ability to kill the most important middle/late game objective first time in each game. This is a pivotal point and it is normally the tipping point between who wins a match. The Baron is a neutral mob that gives such a huge boost to not only champions but also creeps that it alone can win a match if well used. You can see here a high correlation between the Win Rate and First Baron Rate which is to be expected given the impact the objective has.
Quarterfinals Results & Semifinals Matchups Analysis
Historic Quarterfinals Results – 2018 LoL World Championship
Afreeca Freecs lost against Cloud9, and KT Rolster lost against Invictus Gaming, a surprising turn of events and a historic moment. Both of the seeds from South Korea were eliminated, the first time in 7 years in which a South Korean team doesn’t end up in the finals or winner of the cup.
Does this signify overconfidence by the LCK teams? Gen G which was a favorite for defeating the SK Telecom 1 got dropped in the Group Stage and many other Chinese star-teams have been dropping like flies, Royal Never Give Up, EDward Gaming, etc. to mention a couple. Teams with incredible rosters where defeated. In any case, this year’s champion could very well be in the hands of Europe or the United States, unless Invictus Gaming surprises us in the coming match up against G2 Esports.
2018 LoL World Championship Semifinals Are Incredibly Close
- G2 Espots vs Invictus Gaming (Oct 27th): IG has the stats advantage here, especially for first Elemental Dragon and Baron Nashor control. IG also has a slight advantage in terms of KD ratio which could mean they are slightly better at map control, team fights and/or ganks. Be on the lookout for their pick/ban phase which could potentially make or destroy their lineups, this goes both for IG and G2, if either of them manages to get their favorite, stress-tested champions things could change.
- Cloud9 vs Fnatic (Oct 28th): A fan favorite matchup! Here the statistic greatly favor Fnatic, the only metric in which they don’t win against Cloud9 is being the first to get first blood, which is not hard to recover from in case Cloud9 manage to get it. In any case, only if things go astray during the pick/banning phase or if Cloud9 manages to get most of the first objectives, then things could totally change in favor of Cloud9.
LoL Worlds Championship From Semifinals To Finals – Odds To Win
In short, bookies favor Invictus Gaming and Fnatic to win in each of its matchups respectively. We can back this up with the metrics (statistics) but the early game and picking/banning phase is the biggest random factor. Firstly because the side (red vs blue) and the first dragon are chosen randomly. And secondly, because the picking and banning phase are mostly used to counter and hopefully take a small advantage in terms of champion power (some have buffs, others don’t).
How To Understand The 2018 LoL Worlds Semifinals Odds
What do the odds mean? Let’s see, the American odds mean different things depending on its sign (- or +): how much you expect to win or to bet based on a $100 dollars. If it is written positively, then the odds tell how much profit bettors will make on a $100 stake but if it is written negatively, then odds tell how much of a stake is needed to make $100 on the bet.
This means that when the odds are negative the sportsbook considers them favorites. So when having for example [-100] vs [-250], it means that the sportsbook favor to win the highly negative odd [-250], which goes to show that if you want to win $100 you have to bet $250. This is swapped for the positive odds, the lower the number the higher the sportsbook favors them. Just take under consideration that if a bookie favors one side to win, they are gonna try to make you bet more money on it. Also be aware that bookies make mistakes and this is where your knowledge is very important.
2018 LoL World Championship Picks For Finals
Who should you bet on during the 2018 League of Legends World Championship semifinals? The upcoming matches are on fire, historic events are taking place! Could we see a World Champion from Europe or the United States? This could be the year and the fans know it. We can’t deny the statistics and the bookies agree with us! In that sense, here are our picks to win the 2018 League of Legends World Championship semifinals.
Invictus Gaming: With a long eSports history IG has grown stronger and stronger in each matchup. The bookies favor them with whooping Implied Probability to win of 72%!
Fnatic: They have the highest win rate of the championship and the bookies favor them to win with an Implied Probability of 69%. With the incredible talent they are our most favored pick to win!
2018 LoL Wolrd Championship Semifinals Prop (Proposition) Bets
Since each of the matchups from the semifinals and finals will be a Best of 5 (Bo5) the bookies have arranged a series of proposition bets around that. Here are all the prop bets you need to know about.
- Winner per each 5 of the maps (or matches)
- Correct score
- Team to draw the first blood per map (or match)
- Team to destroy the first inhibitor per map
- Team to kill the first dragon per map
- Team to destroy the first tower per map
- Team to kill the first Baron Nashor per map
In both matchups Invictus Gaming and Fnatic are favored to win every map and in every “first-to” category. In fact, the most notorious prop bet is IG being the first to destroy an inhibitor, additionally, the most favored “Correct Score” to win is 1-3 in favor of IG and FNC according to bookies.
With this info about the prop bets, our analysis, and the statistics table you are sure to make more than a couple of bucks on the props bets even if you don’t wanna risk betting on the main events. So wait up until the last second, it might be too late!
Where To Watch LoL World Championship Semifinals & Finals Live
Watching the LoL 2018 World Tournament live has never been easier, just head to lolesports.com. And for more information about LoL, best players, best teams in NA and other tournaments or championships be sure to check out our hub page for all things League of Legends!