Betting on the Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Forget about betting on the Super Bowl, the World Series, the World Cup… the British are coming and they are taking over the gambling world. It’s all about Harry and Meghan. The union of the old world and the new, the upcoming Royal Wedding.
The life of the Royals always seems to send people off on a frenzy, and one might expect it happens only in the UK, but we’ve come to see that Royalmania crosses borders. We have seen bookmakers moving bets about:
- Whether or not Camilla will become queen or keep her title as princess.
- What the sex of the most recent addition to the Duke and Duchess’ of Cambridge’s family was going to be.
- Even who would attend the engagement party.
So, it seems natural people would want to take a part of the betting action in the union between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
The Most Popular Bets for the Royal Wedding Right Now
According to betting sites Bovada and Betway, these are the top bets to place on the Royal Wedding:
Royal Wedding Betting at Bovada
Bovada.lv is a brand-name sportsbook that accepts USA gamblers, offering plenty of action on the Royal Wedding, including some of my favorite bets:
|What Color Will Kate Middleton’s Hat Be for Saturday’s Royal Wedding?|
|Cream or Ivory||+800|
We’ve recently seen her in red and she used a taupe satin ensemble for Pippa’s wedding, so I think she will use a strong, bright color this time. Kate MIddleton’s hat for the Saturday Royal Wedding will be blue, in my opinion (+500). A second choice would be turquoise (+1000) or green (+300).
|What Color Will the Queen’s Hat Be for Saturday’s Royal Wedding?|
|Cream or Ivory||+400|
I believe she will use something cheerful. As far as the color, we think the queen’s hat for Saturday’s royal wedding will be pink –maybe a coral, a pale rose or a dusty shade– but we are giving pink the top pick (Odds are +800). Trailing choices would be mint green (+400) or purple (+1400).
|Will Kate & The Queen’s Hat Be The Same Color On Saturday’s Royal Wedding?|
Royal Wedding Specials at Betway
Betway is our go-to international sportsbook, as it offers great odds and accepts players from all around the world; with the exception of the US.
|What Color Will Meghan Markle’s Dress Be?|
|Any Other Color||+475|
One thing is for sure, Prince Harry’s bride will be on-point and will have worldwide fashionistas in a frenzy.
|Royal Wedding Color of Queen’s Hat|
Be sure to look around and see what other crazy bets there are on the upcoming Royal Wedding.
Past Bets at Sportsbooks About Harry and Meghan’s Wedding
Here are some of the most popular Royal Family bets about the wedding in past months:
- What is the most likely date of the royal wedding? – This was a big question last year and bets have been settled since May 19th was confirmed as the official date a few months ago.
- Who will be Harry’s Best Man? – Wagers closed on this one as Prince William was officially confirmed in April. Odds were -1000 for Will.
- Who who will perform at the wedding reception? – In March, these were the odds at Ladbrokes:
- Elton John -500
- Spice Girls -120
- Stormzy +400
- Liam Payne +2500
- Will it rain or not for the wedding? – The main bet on Betway was about the weather. Rain is very common this time of year and the odds back in December were at +187.5 for precipitation on the day of the nuptials.
- Will more people watch Harry and Meghan’s wedding than they watched William and Kate’s? – The odds in December from England bookmakers said “yes” with +250 odds.