US Midterm Elections 2018 Odds & Analysis | Betting At

US Midterm Elections 2018 Odds & Analysis

Many wouldn’t think of election season as a time to deposit into your online sports betting accounts, but that’s exactly what we suggest you do if you want some skin in the game as you watch the results on election night. If it is your first time betting on elections take a look at our Guide To Political Betting.

Nearly every online betting site has odds for political betting markets, but few have as many as Sportsbook. We’ll break down their betting markets for the Nov 6 election and offer some of our favorite picks. New bettors at will receive a 100% Sports Sign-Up Bonus on their first deposit.

Who Controls the House After The 2018 Midterm Elections?

  • Democrats -120
  • Republicans -120

Which party will control the House seems to be a dead heat when it comes to political betting markets and with political pundits. Presently, the odds are MyBookie have both parties at -120. However, over the weekend, the Republicans were a -140 to take control of the house while the Democrats were a firm underdog at +110., a noted political predictions website, disagrees with They have a 6 in 7 chance that the Democrats take control of the House, giving them an 85.8% chance of earning the majority. According to their numbers, the Republicans have just 14.2% chance or 1 in 7 shot of keeping control of the house.

If you believe, then they make quite the case for betting the Democrats in this spot. The rumors of a “Blue Wave” seem to be a bit overblown, but there has been a national backlash against Trump for quite some time. A recent shooting in Pittsburgh may also end up galvanizing some anti-gun voters who may have sat this one out. I think there may be some value on the Democrats in the house race. There also may be a few sportsbooks out there where they are still underdogs to win the House. That is a bet that certainly has some value.

Who Controls the Senate After The Midterm Elections?

  • Republicans -600
  • Democrats +350

According to the oddsmakers, the House is a far closer race than the Senate. At, the Republicans are a heavy favorite to retain control in the Senate. They’re -600 to do so, with the Democrats at +350 to grab control of the Senate.

If we take a look at – they agree with They project the Republicans with an 82.9% chance of keeping control of the Senate. The Democrats don’t have much of a shot of taking of the Senate. Even the generous odds of +350 – I don’t see much value of a speculative bet on the Democrats to take the Senate. You’re betting off looking for + odds on them in the House of Representatives market.

Who Will Win The US Senate Seat For Texas?

  • Beto O’Rourke +350
  • Ted Cruz -600

Who Will Win The US Senate Seat For Texas?Cruz and O’Rourke’s battle for a Texas Senate seat has been one that has captured national media attention. O’Rourke’s progressive policies and likable personality have made him somewhat of a progressive hero in this election. Even LeBron James sported some Beto swag as he left the AT&T Center the other night.

Ted Cruz’s odds jumped from around -350 to -600 in the past few days, but it’s certainly not unheard of for political markets to be incorrect. Cruz stands for just about everything Democrats hate about Republicans and looks like Grandpa from the Munsters. If you’re convinced that Beto has captured the heart of Texans and that the polls and oddsmakers are wrong on this one, then he’s undoubtedly worth a bet at +350.

Who Will Win the US Senate Seat for Montana?

  • Jon Tester -300
  • Matt Rosendale +200

Polls have had Tester leading this one from the start, but university polls have plenty of margin error. They’re an outlier compared to other polling formats and may be off by 10-20 percent. There has been a shift in Montana towards the right in recent years. Trump did better than Romney did in the state in his last election. The Democrats in this state have died out with recent platform shifts, and I think this one is a lot closer than the current odds suggest. At 2/1, Rosendale is an excellent bet.

Who Will Win the US Senate Seat for Indiana?

  • Joe Donnelly -125
  • Mike Braun -105

Braun was +175 a week ago, but I still think he has value in this race in Indiana. Donnelly’s decision to vote against Supreme Court Justice, Brett Kavanaugh, was unpopular in the state, which may hurt him in this race. It’s also worth noting that the libertarian candidate, Brenton, has been polling near 8-10% in the fall, but those are uncharacteristically high numbers historically for third-party candidates in the state. It would be great if Braun were still plus money, but I like taking a shot here at -105.

Betting At Mybookie On 2018 Midterm Elections

MyBookie sportsbook logoMyBookie Sportsbook is an online betting site on the offshore betting scene but it has a large variety of markets and offers a large deposit bonus of 50% up to $1,000. It offers 25% Reload Bonus up to $500 for those with existing accounts. There are plenty of other bonuses, including a $20 Risk-Free Bet and a larger than usual, 200% referral bonus for signing up a friend.

Joseph Falchetti

Joseph Falchetti - Editor-in-Chief / Sports Writer & Analyst

Joe is the author of the blog, most picks, and the majority of excellent content on SafestBettingSites. He's been mentioned on as a gaming analyst and his articles have been linked by larger publications, such as the New York Times.

Join 1,000+ Sports Bettors Who receive our experts' newsletter And never miss a winning sports pick!
Emailed weekly, unsubscribe with a single click.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This content is not available

We apologize for the inconvenience, but this content is not available.
Go Back