How To Bet On College Football
Have you wanted to bet on college football but just had no idea how? If you are new to betting on sports, college football, or simply betting online, we recommend reading this “How To Bet On College Football Online” guide before you choose a reputable college football betting site and signup bonus. College football betting is similar to NFL in many ways but has some distinct differences worth knowing. Said that betting rules and markets are, for the most part, the same as in other professional sports.
The knowledge you will acquire here can be used as you move to the NFL, NBA or other pro sports betting. This guide may still offer you some helpful tips even if you are experienced with betting sports and college football.
Best College Football Betting Sites 2018
Is It Legal to Bet on College Football?
Yes, it is not illegal to bet on college football games in the US. Even before the Supreme Court decision that legalized sports betting nationwide – there was no federal law against placing bets online. Some states have laws against placing bets with local bookies, but those are rarely enforced. Furthermore, no one has been charged with a crime for placing a bet online, as an individual.
Utah, and several other states, including Washington State, have outlawed all forms of online gambling, which includes placing offshore sports bets from the US. In Washington State, the law is rather draconian in that gambling online is a felony. Again, no one has ever been arrested, let alone charged with the crime. In fact, no one has ever been charged with the simple act of placing offshore sports bets from the US. The overall legality of US offshore betting is a grey area for bettors in many jurisdictions, but enforcement is nonexistent.
How To Bet On College Football At Betting Sites
- Choose a Reputable and Trustworthy College Football Betting Site – It’s tempting to deposit at the first sportsbook you come across but that is a dangerous way to bet online. Not all betting sites are reputable; some have far better bonuses than others, more competitive odds, and faster and cheaper payouts. We pride ourselves in thorough and honest sportsbook reviews you can find in our Sportsbooks Review Hub. It’s important to focus on recreational college betting site, like the two we mentioned below when starting out as a sports bettor.
- Choose A Signup Bonus – Once you’ve found a betting site that meets the above criteria, it’s time to pick the bonus. First, it’s important to read the bonus terms and be sure to input the proper promotional code if that is needed to secure a bonus. However if you don’t put in the promo code when depositing, you can contact support, and they will credit you the bonus. Most bonuses are in the form of freeplays and come with a rollover. If possible, always try to maximize your bonus. If you are offered a 50% Bonus up to $250, then try to deposit $500 to get the full bonus. Most sites will have their initial sign-up bonus as their largest bonus offer, so it’s best to get the full amount for this bonus.
- Make A Deposit – Online college football betting sites take a variety of deposit options. Credit card and debit cards are still widely used but they come with 5-7.5% fees. They also cannot be used as a payout method and those depositing with a card often opt for checks for withdrawals. Instead of traditional methods, we encourage bettors to utilize cryptocurrencies. Deposits and withdrawals are extremely fast, and they’re free at just about every gambling site online. Bitcoin is the most widely accepted, but many betting sites accept multiple coins, such as Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Dash. Read Cryptocurrencies Betting Guide.
- Place Your Bets – There are lots of different options when it comes to betting college football. The most popular form of betting on football is on the point spread. Other options include straight bets and money lines, and if we go down further, player and team propositions. Live betting is also becoming extremely popular among bettors. Making a bet is usually a two-click process. Placing your wager with one click, then hitting confirm on the next screen to lock in and confirm your bet. It is important to review your bet (both the amount bet and the selection) before clicking to confirm it.
- Enjoy Watching Your Team Win – This is often a step the new bettors forget to keep in mind. After you picked your college betting site, took advantage of the signup bonus and placed your bets comes the time to enjoy the actual football game. At times the outcome may not be as what you have expected but as long as you had a sound decision process and use all possible college football betting strategies there isn’t much more to do but to try next time around.
Best College Football Betting Sites
- Accepts Cryptocurrencies
- Accepts credit card deposits
- Timely payouts guarantees
- College Football bonuses year-round
- Generous deposit bonus up to $1000
- Excellent software for desktop and mobile
Why Bet At Mybookie?
MyBookie.ag is the top sportsbooks online. They have plenty of advantages over their competitors starting with a generous deposit bonus of 50% Up To $1,000. The number of betting markets provided is so vast that Mybookie is the betting site that you can “truly bet on anything.” They offer free credit and debit card deposits. Deposits and withdrawals are also fast and free of charge if you’re using cryptocurrencies.
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Credit card deposits accepted
- Excellent and timely payouts
- Competitive odds for College Football
- College Football bonuses each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets
Why Is SportsBetting The Best?
When it comes to bonuses, payout options and speeds, and betting limits – SportsBetting.ag is one of the best sportsbooks online. They have a Welcome Bonus of 50% Up To $1,000 for first-time depositors and also have a cryptocurrency bonus and life-time reload bonuses. The wagering limits are among the highest for betting sites. Their payouts are fast, and they accept accounts from all 50 states.
College Football Betting Strategies For Beginners
Basic Odds & Betting Options In College Football
The odds and markets for NCAA college football don’t really change much compared to the NFL. The maximum wager will be a bit smaller, but the same markets, such as sides, totals, money lines, and player and team props are available for both sports. Keeping this in mind, there still may be some movement in the line which for a novice bettor may create few problems, therefore, we recommend to place your first few bets in the smaller conferences we talk about in the next section.
Focus on Smaller Conferences
One of the best pieces of betting strategy for college football is shifting your focus away from the SEC, BIG12, and other major conferences and focusing on the lesser-known conferences. Oddsmakers don’t have the time to focus on the smaller conferences where people bet far less money than the bigger conferences. They’re also heavily focused on the NFL. Learning these schools inside and out and focuses on a few smaller conferences in addition to the larger conferences is a great way to gain an extra edge.
Bet College Football Proposition Bet
Propositions are bets that are related to statistics in the game or events surrounding the game but are not related to the final score between two teams. Propositions are far less sharp than sides and totals but have smaller betting limits. Sharps don’t frequent this market often due to the low betting limits, but they’re excellent bankroll builders for new bettors.
Popular College Football Teams To Bet On
The most popular college teams mostly come from the Big Ten and SEC. Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are historically dominant teams and still have a massive following today. The SEC dominants the rest of the list with Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Clemson. The SEC has taken the National Title in three out of the first four years of the College Football Playoff since it was instituted in 2014. After Ohio State won it that year, Alabama took the title in 2015. But as mentioned above in the focus on small conferences starting your betting career with these teams may be suboptimal as the competition from the pro sports bettor is fierce and finding the profitable betting edge is very tough.