San Francisco 49ers Betting
There are few franchises in NFL history with a more storied history than the 49ers. Not only do they have five Super Bowls, but they’ve brought fans some of the best playoff finishes and most iconic players over the years. Few franchises boast two Hall of Fame quarterbacks with more thrills and titles than Steve Young and Joe Montana.
NFL betting on the 49ers is widespread and shared throughout the Bay and the rest of the country. The team not only comes from a state with a large population but were also the dominant football franchise of the 1980s. They also won two Super Bowls in the 1990s, with the last one coming in 1995. They made Super Bowl XLVII but ultimately lost to the Baltimore Ravens.
However, after hiring John Lynch as general manager and bringing in ex-Falcons coordinator, Kyle Shanahan, as head coach, things are looking a bit rosier in SF. Oh, and they traded for a new franchise quarterback, Jimmy Garoppolo, from the New England Patriots. Since he took over the starting job in the 2017 season – the Niners have just lost a single game.
Best NFL Betting Sites For Bets On The 49ers
How to Bet On The San Francisco 49ers
- Choose a Trusted NFL Betting Site – Many sports bettors don’t end up choosing poorly when picking a betting site, which ruins their experience going forward. There are plenty of scam sportsbooks out there – that’s why doing a little research before you sign up and deposit is an absolute must. We rank and review just about every sportsbook online, particularly when it comes to Americans and point bettors to the best options.
- Try Maximize Your Bonuses – Not all sports betting sites offer a bonus, but most do. This is particularly true when it comes to the NFL season, where many sites provide both deposit bonus and reload bonus promotions. Bonuses are vital, especially for those new to online sports betting. Players can easily get several thousand dollars in freeplay bonuses by signing up at a few different betting sites.
- Make Your Deposit – If you have never bet sports online or have just decided to start gambling again – deposit options have changed from a few years ago. Credit and debit cards are still widely accepted, along with bank wires and money transfers. However, these often come with higher fees and slower processing times, especially when it comes to payouts. We recommend cryptocurrencies as the ideal cashier option for online sports bettors. The most popular of which is Bitcoin. However, almost all betting sites accept several cryptocurrencies and offer free deposits and withdrawals.
- Choose Your Bet – When betting on football or the 49ers, there are typically a lot of betting choices for each game. The point spread and total are the most popular bets, but there are also moneyline wagers and lots of team and player props. Betting markets at online betting sites are far more extensive than local bookies or even Las Vegas Sportsbooks.
- Line Shop – Line shopping is the most vital step for new bettors to understand and utilize. It’s the main reason we recommend signing up for multiple sportsbooks, as each betting site will have different odds. It’s important to get the best price or best line on your wager, as this will save you untold amounts in the long run.
- Place Your Wager – After you add your selection to your bet slip, be sure you’re betting on the correct team and that the amount you wish to wager is correct. Many sportsbooks now have a one-click confirmation, instead of two clicks. This is, even more, a reason to check over each bet before you click your mouse. Once a wager is placed, it cannot be reversed.
Legality of Betting on the San Francisco 49ers
Currently, running a sportsbook or accepting wagers is against the law in California. The state is somewhat receptive to other forms of gambling, with several casinos and cardrooms available, including both commercial and Indian casinos.
However, it’s important to keep in mind the law when it comes to betting as an individual. California law does not criminalize the act of placing a bet with a bookie or on the internet. Neither does Federal law. Local bookies are always an option if you live in a major city like San Francisco. But, they’re not the best option. Online sports betting sites will offer bettors the best combination of NFL betting odds and markets, bonuses, and assurance that you will be paid.
The top sportsbooks are also available from anywhere and take just a few minutes to make an account and start betting. No individual in the United States has ever been arrested or charged with a crime for placing bets at an internet sportsbook. With the Supreme Court striking down PAPSA, more states are legalizing and regulating sports betting. California may become one of these states in 2019, but in the meantime, sports gamblers from the Golden State have plenty of safe and legal options.
Best NFL Betting Sites To Bet On The 49ers
- Accepts Cryptocurrencies
- Accepts credit card deposits
- Timely payouts guarantees
- NFL promotions and bonuses year-round
- Generous deposit bonus up to $1000
- Excellent software for desktop and mobile
Why Bet At Mybookie?
Welcome Bonus of 50% Up To $1,000 on the first deposit makes Mybookie one of the top betting sites. They have a long history in the industry but have truly come on in the last couple of years to become a leader in sports betting. Timely payouts are something worth noting.
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Credit card deposits accepted
- Excellent and timely payouts
- Competitive odds for NFL
- NFL specific bonuses offered each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets
Why Is SportsBetting The Best?
The 50% Up To $1,000 Welcome Bonus is hard to pass by and the payout times are fast. Sportsbetting is the top betting site in the industry and easily the most professional. They offer competitive odds in all sports and tons of NFL markets, from propositions to live betting.
Popular San Francisco 49ers Team Bets
The most popular bet in all of sports betting is the point spread. Most people will choose to bet the point spread over sides and totals as they see this funniest way to gamble on NFL games. There are a lot of other betting options besides points spreads through, and amateur bettors often overlock these. To learn more about betting on pro football visit our NFL Betting Guide.
San Francisco 49ers Spread Betting
The 49ers probably won’t be favored in too many road games this season, on the point spread, as they’re coming off a 6-10 record in 2017. Though, they did win all but one of their last seven games last season. They may end up being a surprise team in this division, that most expect to be dominated by the Los Angeles Rams.
San Francisco 49ers Team Futures
The 49ers are around +3300 to win the Super Bowl at most online sportsbooks. That’s about the middle of the pack regarding Super Bowl futures. They’re +1600 to win the NFC Title. In the NFC West, the oddsmakers give them a +350 shot which is ahead of both Seattle and Arizona.
San Francisco 49ers Prop Bets
Many other bets are surrounding the team and players. MVP odds for Jimmy G and season-long statistical projections are available at most sportsbooks. There are also a whole host of team and player propositions for each game of the 49ers’ NFL season.
San Francisco 49ers Team Win Total
The 49ers win totals at most betting sites is set at nine wins. At most sportsbooks, there is vigorish on the under. This is a high number for a team that won just six games ago, but they’re much improved and finished last year on a high note.
The 2019 San Francisco 49ers
The 49ers must be feeling good about the upcoming season, even if it doesn’t end with a playoff berth. They’re a young team, but one that has made tremendous strides at the latter end of 2017. They were just 1-10 before Jimmy Garoppolo took over and ended up finishing the year at 6-10.
Jimmy G learned the offense quickly and took over with strong results last season. His weapons haven’t changed with Pierre Garcon and Marquise Goodwin still under contract and tight end, George Kittle, returning. San Francisco did add running back, Jerrick McKinnon, in free agency, but he tore his ACL just before the start of the season. Second-year runner, Matt Breida, and veteran, Alfred Morris, will shoulder the load in the backfield after McKinnon’s injury.
Offensively, the Niners look great. It’s been a defense where the problems begin. Their rush defense improved last season due to scheme change, but their pass defense regressed. They signed ex-Seahawk and Pro Bowler, Richard Sherman, to lock down one of the cornerback spots. The rest of the secondary has plenty of question marks.
San Francisco 49ers Team Rivalries
San Francisco 49ers vs. Dallas Cowboys
The 49ers-Cowboys rivalry is one that goes back several decades and is one of the most exciting inter-division rivalries of all time. Since the 1970s these teams have been battling in the postseason against each other. The 1981 NFC Championship game which featured Joe Montana’s throw to Dwight Clark, dubbed as “The Catch,” took place against the visiting Cowboys. Both teams are also tied in Super Bowl wins with five each. Dallas leads the all-time series 18-17-1.
San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks
These two division-mates play twice a year with this rivalry ramping up more in the last decade or so. With the Seahawks winning a Super Bowl a few years back and the 49ers making some noise with no departed quarterback, Colin Kaepernick. Now with Jimmy G and Kyle Shanahan in town, this rivalry is renewed against Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. Seattle leads in the all-time series 24-15 and has also won their lone postseason matchup.
San Francisco 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams
The Rams and the 49ers rivalry go back to the 1950s. With the Rams moving back to L.A. and this rivalry being renewed geographically, it will only get more intense. These two teams also look like the best the division has to offer in the coming years. The 49ers narrowly lead the all-time series, by a record of 69-65-3.
San Francisco 49ers 2019 Super Bowl Winning Odds
The 49ers are around +3300 or 33/1 to win the Super Bowl 2019. If you judge them by their end of the season performance, which was against many upper tier teams, they’re primed to compete for a Super Bowl. I see them as a playoff team, but not one that will make past that point. Jimmy G could regress a bit this season and their defense just simply isn’t good enough to compete for a title. For more on Super Bowl 2019 betting visit our hub.
San Francisco 49ers Key Players
Several key players are vital to the 49ers success. It’s undeniable that Jimmy G is the future of this franchise and they need him to keep up his elite level of play from last season. One of his weapons, Marquise Goodwin, is also going to have to build on his strong 2017 season. Finally, the San Francisco defense, as a whole, may end up being the most significant factor in determining this team’s fate.
NFL Bets On Jimmy Garoppolo
I am incredibly high on Jimmy G going into the season. I think he’s an MVP candidate and is going to have an outstanding year with a full offseason learning Shanahan’s system. I am a fan of an over on the below props, except for the 13.5 interceptions. SportsBetting.ag has several props on Dak’s 2019 player performance:
Jimmy Garoppolo – Total Interceptions Thrown In 2019
- Over 12.5 Interceptions -115
- Under 12.5 Interceptions -115
Jimmy Garoppolo – Total Passing Yards In 2019
- Over 4399. Passing Yards -105
- Under 4399. Passing Yards -125
Jimmy Garoppolo – Total Touchdown Passes In 2019
- Over 23.5 Touchdowns -105
- Under 23.5 Touchdowns -125
NFL Bets On Marquise Goodwin
Goodwin was labeled a bust by many after some years in Buffalo where he got minimal production. He showed a spark in 2016, but last year was his breakout season, at the age of 27. He’s still young and has plenty of speed and should eclipse the 1,000-yard mark this year. Goodwin having a strong season will be a boost to Jimmy G’s numbers, including the above props.
Marquise Goodwin – Regular Season Most Receiving Yards In 2019
- Current futures: +6600
NFL Bets On San Francisco 49ers’ Defense
The 49ers defense is the unit that needs the most significant improvement from last season. The addition of Sherman was nice, but their secondary is still full of question marks. Their season wins total of nine wins will heavily depend on their defense. I do think it will ultimately let them down this season, but they did make some free agency signings and focus on the front seven in the draft.
2019 San Francisco 49ers Schedule
The 49ers are tied for 15th in strength of schedule with the Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys. They open the year with one of their toughest games, at Minnesota. Their AFC opponents this year is a bit of a tough draw, as well. They will face the AFC West, which includes away games against the Chiefs and Chargers. Their schedule gets a bit easier in the latter part of the season. They end the year with a bang, facing the Rams in L.A. in the final week.
Week 1: at Minnesota Vikings on Sept. 9 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 2: vs. Detroit Lions on Sept. 16 at 4:05 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 3: at Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 23 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 4: at Los Angeles Chargers on Sept. 30 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS
Week 5: vs. Arizona Cardinals on Oct. 7 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 6: at Green Bay Packers on Oct. 15 (Monday) at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN
Week 7: vs. Los Angeles Rams on Oct. 21 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC
Week 8: at Arizona Cardinals on Oct. 28 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 9: vs. Oakland Raiders on Nov. 1 (Thursday) at 8:20 p.m. ET on Fox/NFL Network
Week 10: vs. New York Giants on Nov. 12 (Monday) at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Nov. 25 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 13: at Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 2 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC
Week 14: vs. Denver Broncos on Dec. 9 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS
Week 15: vs. Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 16 at 4:05 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 16: vs. Chicago Bears on Dec. 23 at 4:05 p.m. ET on Fox
Week 17: at Los Angeles Rams on Dec. 30 at 4:25 p.m. ET on Fox