Football Betting Tips For Beginners
If professional football bettors make mistakes when betting on football from time to time one can only imagine the number of betting mistakes a novice makes. To prevent costly error, we have gathered our team and came up with top 15 football betting tips for beginners so you can avoid losing money when betting on NFL. Betting on football is tons of fun. There is no doubt about that. It’s even more fun if you can bet profitably.
NFL football doesn’t have as many wagering opportunities as other sports, but it’s one of the easiest markets to beat due to its large maximum wager and slower moving odds, compared to other sports. Many bettors only bet on football and don’t bother with any other sport. I don’t think that’s the best idea to advance your career as a sports bettor, but for some, that’s the only sport they are interested in wagering. With our NFL betting tips for beginners, you should be able to advance your betting career in the right profitable direction.
Trusted NFL Football Betting Sites 2019
Top 15 Football Betting Tips
When it comes to NFL betting tips, there is a lot of misinformation. What the top football bets are, and football gambling tips aren’t always the best advice, especially coming from mainstream sports media sources. We at Safest Betting Sites pride ourselves on our NFL betting content and believe it is the best online. Below are our top football betting tips that will make you a profitable NFL bettor.
- Use Multiple NFL Betting Sites – If you’re betting on sports, it’s vital that you get paid. There are many sportsbooks that are far less trustworthy than others. The assurance that you will be paid, along with available markets, bonuses and other factors should all be weighed before you deposit into an online betting site. One of the best football gambling tips is to choose a website you can trust, and that pays players in a timely fashion. Here at SBS, we have in-depth reviews of all the top NFL sportsbooks online and offer our own recommendations.
- Max Out Your Signup Bonuses – Bonuses are one of the most significant advantages that bettors have over local bookies and Las Vegas sportsbooks. The ability to receive thousands of dollars in free play for signing up isn’t something you find elsewhere in the sports betting world. It’s always best to “maximize your bonus.” That means, getting the full amount of free play possible when you sign up or accept a bonus offer. For instance, if the sportsbook is offering a 50% up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus, then deposit $2,000 to receive the max bonus. There is a lot more to consider when it comes to sports betting bonus strategy.
- Use Cryptocurrencies – There are many cashier options available when looking to deposit into betting sites and wager on football. However, traditional methods, such as credit and debit cards are often not the best choice. They sometimes come with fees as high as 7.5%, and payouts must be completed via check. Cryptocurrencies come with no fees for deposits and withdrawals and are much faster and more cost effective. Bettors may give up 10% or more of their profits using traditional methods.
- Use Multiple Online Sportsbooks – Not only will using multiple sportsbooks allow you to get more deposit and reload bonuses as described above, but it will also allow you more access to different odds, markets, and will reduce your risk by spreading around your bankroll. One of the best ways to manage your bankroll is to spread it around to different types of football betting sites. Hold a portion of it in a reduced juice sportsbook, one that shades their lines towards recreational players, and another that caters to high stakes professionals.
- Line Shop For The Best Price – Not shopping for the best odds before placing a wager is one of the biggest mistakes football bettors make. If there is one football gambling tip that must be followed – it’s line shopping. Always getting the best price for your bets will save you thousands (or tens of thousands, depending on how much you bet) over the course of an NFL season. Not line shopping is the biggest mistake that sports bettors make, and it costs them big.
- Utilize Bankroll Management – Aside from line shopping, not properly managing your bankroll is another one of the significant issues that bettors when it comes to becoming a profitable NFL bettor. It’s rare that football bettors too little, instead they put far too much of their bankroll into action. A general rule is 2% of your bankroll on each bet, but this can be upped to 3% for bets where you feel you have a more substantial edge or down to 1% if you think that your advantage is worth less than your standard wager. There are many different strategies for bankroll management. It’s essential to adopt one early on and stick with it. If you’re a profitable bettor – the worst thing you can do is put yourself out of action by betting too much. There are many bankroll management strategies. Adopt one early in your betting career, and you won’t be sorry.
- Understand Key Numbers – One of the biggest misconceptions about sports betting is the value of numbers. A lot of people will say “home field is worth three points,” in referencing the point spread. That’s not true because depending on where the number falls, points have more value. Three or seven points decide most games, so odds on either side of those, such as 2.5 and 3.5 and 6.5 and 7.5 are vital. If you make a goal to get the right side of these numbers – you’re going to have a lot more success betting football.
- Examine Motivational Factors – NFL teams should give maximum effort each week, and most do, but many factors can affect a team. Travel schedule, coaching motivations, and their opponent. There are also many spots where teams may look ahead to a game the following week or not take a lesser opponent more seriously. There are lots of factors that go into each week of football. Examining how the betting public feels about a team is also a factor to consider.
- Don’t Forget Betting NFL Totals Bets – NFL totals are an afterthought for many bettors who are too focused on betting the point spread. However, limits are lower on totals for a reason. They’re more vulnerable to sharp bettors and more straightforward to predict. Predicting which team will win the game is not as easy as predicting the number of points that will be scored or how a game will play out.
- Attack NFL Propositions – NFL prop bets are an excellent bankroll builder for new bettors. Betting limits for props usually max out at around $500 online, but if you’re sharp enough, your edge can make these wagers easily worth it. Every betting site has NFL propositions available for players and teams. It is possible to find local bookies that take even more on these potentially high-edge markets.
- Handling NFL Bye Weeks – Football bye week strategy is another factor to consider when examining team motivations. How a team might respond on a bye week or before a bye week depends on their results before the bye, their opponent after the bye, and their head coach. Other factors include injury issues and fatigue and the skill level of the roster. There is a lot more that goes into analyzing NFL bye weeks than meets the eye.
- Don’t Trust Betting Systems – Some betting systems can make sense, but most of them, especially if someone is selling a “profitable betting system” it’s likely a scam. Most “angles” that bettors have these days are fixed by the sportsbooks when they realize they are inefficient on a particular market. The best “betting system” is often just bankroll management, taking advantage of bonuses, and line shopping.
- When You Should Bet – I am one that is mostly fine with waiting until game day to bet, but that does result in missing some numbers in early in the week if you have a strong opinion. Late money is king in the NFL, and there are still plenty of great numbers available come Sunday morning. However, if you want to bet earlier in the week, there is on a strategy to employ regarding dogs and favorites. Bet the favorites early and underdogs later in the week.
- Developing Football Power Rankings – Power rankings are the next step as a football bettor if you’ve attacked props and moved behind line shopping. They will allow you to create your own numbers and pit teams against each other using spreadsheets. This is a tough undertaking, but if you can develop successful power rankings that are better than the top sportsbooks – you will be printing money for quite a while.
- Putting It “All together” – If you take the above football gambling tips and utilize them – there is no doubt you’re going to improve your skills as an NFL bettor and sports bettor, in general. Still, there is no easy way to win money betting on sports. It takes knowledge and more importantly discipline to become a successful NFL bettor.
Best NFL Betting Sites For Beginners
- Accepts Cryptocurrencies
- Accepts credit card deposits
- Timely payouts guarantees
- NFL promotions and bonuses year-round
- Generous deposit bonus up to $1000
- Excellent software for desktop and mobile
Why Bet At Mybookie?
Welcome Bonus of 50% Up To $1,000 on the first deposit makes Mybookie one of the top betting sites. They have a long history in the industry but have truly come on in the last couple of years to become a leader in sports betting. Timely payouts are something worth noting.
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Credit card deposits accepted
- Excellent and timely payouts
- Competitive odds for NFL
- NFL specific bonuses offered each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets
Why Is SportsBetting The Best?
The 50% Up To $1,000 Welcome Bonus is hard to pass by and the payout times are fast. Sportsbetting is the top betting site in the industry and easily the most professional. They offer competitive odds in all sports and tons of NFL markets, from propositions to live betting.