2019 Kentucky Derby Betting Online
The Kentucky Derby is the first of three races that make up the Triple Crown and is followed the by the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes. The Derby is one of the most significant events a year for horse racing and horse betting. The odds to win the Kentucky Derby are hotly debated among horse bettors and these days; many decide to take their action online. Horse betting online has increased year after year with more sites and betting markets taking wagers. The race coverage begins at 12 PM EST with the race happening between 5-6:30 PM EST on May 4th.
Best Online Horse Betting Sites For 2019 Kentucky Derby
How To Pick Kentucky Derby Winner
Picking a horse is like betting individual athletes or evaluating groups of players, or teams. In the end, betting on horses isn’t much different than betting on professional sports with humans. You must be able to identify talent and know what to look for before placing a bet.
As far as looking at a horse that is healthy, bettors should focus on the hair and muscle definition. If a horse has a shiny looking coat – that’s a good sign that the horse is healthy. Just like a star athlete, muscle definition is essential. You wouldn’t bet on a basketball team full of fat guys, just like you wouldn’t bet on a horse carrying a bunch of extra weight. For horses, look at muscle definition around the chest and rib cage.
Use live stream or TV coverage before the race to pay attention to the horse’s ears and nerves. If the horse has its head held high and it’s ears up, then you have a horse that is alert and ready. Same with the nerves, if you a horse that is fidgety or sweating in the paddock area, that can be a dangerous sign.
Observe the paddock before the race
It’s not always possible to get this close to a horse or insect them before the race, but it is possible if you would happen to travel to the Kentucky Derby in person. If you’re betting online, you can often see the horses in the paddock before the race starts. Once you have decided on a horse(s) to bet on, be sure to shop around and find the best price before placing a wager.
Best Online Horse Betting Sites For American Bettors
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Competitive odds and excellent sportsbook for betting on Kentucky Derby
- Horse racing specific bonuses offered at the start of each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets, including live betting, team and player props
Why Is Sportsbook.ag The Best?
The 50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus is hard to pass by and the payout times are fast. Sportsbetting is the top betting site in the industry and easily the most professional. They offer competitive odds in all sports and tons of horse racing markets, from propositions to live betting.
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Posts Kentucky Deby odds earlier than other sportsbooks
- Takes up large bet on point spreads plus other popular sports bets
- Large deposit bonus, up to $2,500, and endless reloads
Why Bet At BetOnline?
New players receiving a massive Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1000 on their first deposit which makes BetOnline’s rise to one of the top sportsbooks online. They have a long history in the industry but have truly come on in the past few years to be a leader in sportsbetting.
Best Online Horse Betting Sportsbook For International Bettors
- Excellent and timely payouts
- More odds and betting markets access
- Competitive odds on horse racing, football, and other markets.
- Lots of year-round sports promotions and a VIP Program.
- One of the most trusted sites for international bettors.
Why Is Betway The Best?
New players get a 100% Sign-Up Welcome Bonus up to $100. Betway is one of the offshore betting sportsbooks online. Their focus is more on European and British sports, but they have a large assortment of markets for both horse racing, formula one, and European football (soccer).
Online Horse Betting – Bets For The Derby
There are a lot of options when it comes to online horse bets. Bets for the Kentucky Derby expand nearly every year, especially when it comes to prop bets. All traditional bets will be available as well, such as win, place, and show or more. If you’ve never bet on the Kentucky Derby or horse racing before – we’ve got you covered with a quick betting primer.
The most popular horse racing bets are center around if a horse will win, place, or show. For a “win” bet to be graded as a winner, the horse must win the race in the first position. If the horse does not win the race outright and place first, then the wager is a loser.
To win a “place” wager, the horse must place first or second in the race for the wager to be graded as a winner. Either spot will cash the bet if the horse finishes in third or any other sport, the bet is a loser.
Finally, to win a “show,” bet, the horse wagered upon needs to finish in the top three spots, either first, second, or third in the race. If the horse does not finish in any of these spots, then the bet is a loser.
How To Place An Online Bet On Kentucky Derby
- Choose An Online Sportsbook – Choose an online sportsbook that offers horse racing in addition to sports betting. Before depositing be sure to make sure it’s highly-rated, as well. We have a large list of reviews and recommended sportsbooks.
- Make a Deposit – Deposit into the sportsbook of your choosing while taking advantage of any deposit bonuses. If possible, deposit the maximum amount to receive the most substantial bonus. Check for any promotions relating to horse racing or the Kentucky Derby when signing up and depositing.
- Find Horse Racing Markets – Horse racing betting markets are often separate from the sportsbooks. Find the horse racing betting markets and select Kentucky derby.
- Place Your Bet – Figure out what horse(s) you want to bet on and place your wager. There are a variety of bets to choose from, so be sure to go over all possibilities before placing your bet. Be sure to look over your wager before hitting confirming the bet.
- Enjoy the Derby! – Once you have placed on all your bets, kick back and relax and have a cocktail while you watch the Kentucky Derby.
Kentucky Derby History
The first Kentucky Derby was in 1875 on May 17th. Aristides won a 15-horse race in front of 15,000 spectators. Since then, the Derby has grown in popularity and is the most watched horse race of the year. The crowds are filled with fans who make the trip to Churchill Downs and celebrities, alike.
Kentucky Derby Past Winners
- 2018 Winner: Justify
- 2017 Winner: Always Dreaming
- 2016 Winner: Nyquist
- 2015 Winner: American Pharaoh (Triple Crown Winner)
- 2014 Winner: California Chrome