NBA Slam Dunk Contest Betting
The NBA Slam Dunk Contest has been a staple of NBA All-Star weekend since 1984. Throughout the years, we have watched in awe as these athletic beasts defy gravity to perform more and more insane and inventive dunks.
It’s a can’t miss event for bettors and basketball fans new and old. Even though we’ve seen decades of dunk contests, there is always a new dunk that wows the fans and judges alike. Luckily for us all, betting on the dunk contest is available at every sportsbook online.
More About Betting On the Slam Dunk Contest
Best NBA Betting Sites 2021
Slam Dunk Contest General Info
There are only four participants in the dunk contest, but each of them gets a minimum of two dunks. The two highest average scores get to move on to the finals, where they will perform two more dunks.
Remember, these players aren’t just playing for a trophy and immortalization. The winner of the dunk contest will pocket $105,000.
The Most Hyped-up Event Of The Weekend
The Slam Dunk Contest is the most hyped-up event during All-Star Weekend. Participants are expected to showboat as much as possible.
We’ve seen some crazy things in the past, such as Dwight Howard’s Superman dunk or Blake Griffin dunking over a car. It’s a spectacle to watch every year, and most likely, you will see something you’ve never seen before.
Odds To Win The NBA Slam Dunk Contest 2021
This is an individual contest, so betting odds are pretty simple. Each player has odds based on their probability of winning the contest, according to the oddsmakers.
With only four participants, the odds are a bit tighter. This year, there is no clear favorite.
|Bet At||CASSIUS STANLEY||OBI TOPPIN||ANFERNEE SIMONS|
Top Sites To Bet On The NBA Slam Dunk Contest 2021
Choosing the right sportsbook to place your Slam Dunk Contest bet is just as crucial as the bet itself. Make sure you check out the best NBA online sportsbooks that fit your deposit, withdrawal, payout, and promotional expectations!
Stay safe while betting and pick a trustworthy betting site.
|Rank||NBA Betting Site||Deposit Bonus||Highlights||Get Started|
|1||BetNow||Deposit Bonus 100% Up To $500||
|2||Bovada||Deposit Bonus 50% Up To $250||
|3||MyBookie||Deposit Bonus 50% Up To $1,000||
Read Our Complete Review Of The Best NBA Betting Sites
How To Bet On The NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- Finding a Safe Online Sportsbook – Making sure you keep your money safe while betting is just as important as wagering profitably. To find an online sportsbook that fits your needs, take a look at our reviews of all the top NBA sportsbooks.
- Make a Deposit – There are many ways to deposit at major betting sites. The quickest ways are credit card deposits or Bitcoin. However, most sportsbooks have other options such as checks and wire transfers. Once you have made your deposit, it’s time to choose your market and place your bet!
- Find The NBA Slam Dunk Contest Odds – The odds for the Dunk Contest will be under NBA or basketball futures on most sites. You will then see the four participants and the odds for them to win the contest.
- Placing Your Bet! – From the four participants, decide which one you think will win. Then, click on their name, and the selection will be added to your betting slip. Enter the amount you wish to wager, and it will show you how much you stand to win! When you’re ready, simply click to confirm your bet and you’re all set!
- Enjoy The Dunk Contest! – Sit back, relax, and enjoy the contest.
NBA Slam Dunk Contest Betting Strategy
Betting Strategy #1Younger Players Have The Best Chance To Win
The Slam Dunk Contest is a clash of the most athletic players, and aging players tend to lose some of their athleticism. Young and emerging players have the drive and the hops to take these contests down, so make sure you see who has the freshest legs.
Betting Strategy #2The Crowd is King
A dunk might be fantastic, but if it doesn’t win over the crowd, then it means nothing. Players who are entertainers, as well as dunkers, have the best chance to win the contest. Look for personalities that can do well under the lights and come prepared to give a show.
Betting Strategy #3No Names Aren’t Actually No Names
Household names aren’t necessarily the stars in the Dunk Contest. The contest features emerging players who sometimes have yet to make their mark on the league.
In 2017, Derrick Jones Jr had only logged 24 minutes in the NBA but was part of the four-person field. Don’t push away a player that’s not immediately recognizable because these are the ones who may show up for the contest the most.
Betting Strategy #4The Panels Matter
The Dunk Contest judging panel is filled using former players. Some of these players have biases towards the contestants. Keep that in mind when handicapping, because they might be partial to some contestants due to current relationships.
Betting Strategy #5There’s Always Value
With only four contestants, even the “long shot” participants can win it all. Once players are on the floor, nothing else matters. If they can win over the crowd with their first dunk, they can ride that momentum the rest of the way.