NFL Football Betting Systems
A football betting system is a method used by handicappers to bet on football games with the edge provided by the system. An NFL betting system’s mission is to find betting value, the edge, and increase the chances of winning bets. Football betting systems can range from simple to very complex as you will read below in our guide. One should keep in mind that regardless of the many intricacies of a system, none of them can guarantee that you will win each time you place a football bet.
When I hear someone mention an “NFL betting system” I cringe. When they start talking about “betting systems,” in general, usually what comes next is something that isn’t going to help you win at sports betting. However, that isn’t always the case. There are football betting systems that work. Though, bettors should be wary of anyone claiming that they have “best football betting system”. Despite many of these systems not working or offering profitable bets to place, there are some that do have some merit. In this article, we will go over some of the top football betting systems for NFL football and evaluate their effectiveness.
Trusted NFL Football Betting Sites 2018
Football Betting Systems
Sports betting systems are not only used for football but also in other sports. However, their popularity may not be warranted. In sports betting, people are always looking for an easy way to profits or success. These systems promise that with little effort. Unfortunately, that’s usually not the case in life or sports betting. Of course, as mentioned above, some football betting systems do work. There are a few not worth following for any reason while others that make far more sense than others. Before you dive into any NFL betting systems, though, it’s important to understand the basics of NFL betting before choosing to adopt a betting system.
Martingale System For Football Betting
The Martingale betting system is the oldest on this list. It has origins dating back to the 18th century. The system is basically betting the amount if you win and betting more on the next wager if you lost your previous bet. Let’s say you lost a $5 wager on the Thursday Night Football game – you would then double your bet amount on the Sunday afternoon game to $10. If that bet lost, you would bet $20 on the next wager and so on. Each time you win, you would make the same bet for the next wager. For instance, if you won your $20 bet, then you would once again bet $20 on the next game.
Pros of the Martingale System
- Martingale does make you more likely to win the short term
- If you could always double your bet – you could guarantee yourself profits
Cons of the Martingale System
- Always being able to double your bet is almost never possible when betting sports
- It’s not ideal for football betting due to the limited number of games
Labouchere System For NFL Bets
The Labouchere betting system is also known as the Cancelation betting system. It is similar to the Martingale system and only has slight modifications. The purpose of this system is to capitalize on two bets that have equal probability (or close to it) happening at around the same number of times. This system doesn’t work for sports betting as much as it does for casino gambling, such as playing roulette or craps.
Pros of the Labouchere System
- If you run well in the short term, this system could produce profits
- Set a maximum bankroll amount to make sure you don’t lose more than you allocated
Cons of the Labouchere System
- It’s far less applicable to sports betting and football than the martingale
- If you have bad luck early on it can be a disaster for your bankroll
Kelly Criterion System For Football Betting
The Kelly Criterion is by far the best football betting system on this list. Using a mathematical formula, it allows bettors to choose the optimal size when placing football bets. It’s more of a bankroll management strategy rather than a betting system. The Kelly Criterion has many other uses besides sports betting. It’s used to manage risk. Warren Buffet and Bill Gross used the strategy to build their business empires.
Pros of the Kelly Criterion System
- It’s the most accurate way to calculate risk in sports betting and mitigate risk
- It’s the best and most accurate bankroll strategy or betting system
Cons of the Kelly Criterion System
- The formula for bets can be too complicated for some
- It’s difficult to do on the fly if you’re making a lot of wagers quickly
Hedging System For NFL Bets
Hedging isn’t much of a betting system as it is a strategy to reduce risk and safeguard against a loss. With the advent of NFL live betting, it is now much easier to hedge your wagers on the fly. Hedging isn’t always the right move, however. The main reasons to hedge are when you’re attempting a middle or stand to win a life-changing amount of money. In many cases, hedging is done far too often, as bettors end up reducing their upside or betting a market with a negative expectation with their second wager.
Pros of the Hedging System
- Will lock in a profit on a bet that may end up as a total loss
- Easy to understand and implement
Cons of the Hedging System
- Used too often in some cases and does lower overall profit potential
- Bettors make a -EV bet as their hedge wager
Best Football Betting System – Welcome Bonuses Advantage
Taking advantage of deposit bonuses and other promotions offered by NFL betting sites is by far the best “system” that new bettors can quickly adapt. Free play and cash bonuses are extra money added to your bankroll as a new bettor – it’s as simple as that. For instance, let’s say a sportsbook offers a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 on your first deposit offered by Sportsbetting.ag.
If possible, you should deposit $2,000 to receive the maximum bonus of $1,000. All bonuses come with what is called a “rollover.” The rollover is the amount you must wager before you can withdraw your bonus. The rollover is generally calculated deposit amount + bonus amount x rollover. So if you maximized the above bonus and deposited $2,000 to get the $1,000 bonus and the rollover was 15x – your rollover would be 2000 + 1000 * 15 = 17000. You would need to wager $17,000 to be able to withdraw your bonus.
This may seem like a lot of money, but remember, everyone who signs up receives the same deal, so the sportsbook is dishing out a lot of free play funds. The standard rollover rate is around 15x. Typically, the larger the amount of free play, the larger the rollover. Bettors who are new to online sports betting can sign up for multiple online sportsbooks and easily receive thousands of dollars in free play in welcome bonuses. If your starting bankroll is big enough, it’s not unreasonable that you could eclipse $10,000 in welcome bonuses as a new player.
Best Betting Sites For Football Betting Systems
- Accepts Litecoin, Bitcoin other cryptos
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Excellent and timely payouts
- Competitive odds and excellent sportsbook for betting NFL, NBA or NHL
- Football-specific bonuses offered at the start of each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets, including live betting, team and player props
Why Is Sportsbook.ag The Best?
The 50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus is hard to pass by and the payout times are fast. Sportsbetting is the top betting site in the industry and easily the most professional. They offer competitive odds in all sports and tons of NFL markets, from propositions to live betting.
- Accepts Ethereum, Litecoin other cryptos
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Timely payouts guarantees
- Posts NFL, NBA, and NHL odds earlier than other sportsbooks
- Takes up to $25,000 on NFL point spreads plus other popular sports bets
- Large deposit bonus, up to $1000, and endless reloads
Why Bet At BetOnline?
New players receiving a massive Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1,000 on their first deposit which makes BetOnline’s rise to one of the top sportsbooks online. They have a long history in the industry but have truly come on in the past few years to be a leader in sports betting.