Live NFL Betting
Live betting is sports betting on steroids. And, live NFL betting is perhaps the pinnacle of sports betting. Sure, put in your pre-match wagers, but don’t forget about live betting. The options when it comes to live in-game betting football go far beyond sides, money lines, and live NFL totals. Bettors can now wager on the outcome of each play in many cases and an extensive list of other betting options.
Depending on your betting site, live NFL betting could be called several different things. At most U.S. sportsbooks it will be called NFL live betting, but at European bookmakers, it may be under in-play NFL wagering or in-running betting or live in-game wagering. These days, bettors are about the same amount of money on NFL live odds as they do on pre-match wagers. Live in-game NFL betting is the most exciting form of sports betting when betting on football. Best of all, once you understand the basics of sports betting, in-play wagering is simple. And fun!
Best Live NFL Betting Sites 2018
How Live Betting Works
Live betting falls into the overall category of online betting which is the best way to bet sports online. The most significant difference from live NFL betting compared to pre-match wager or placing bets before the start of the game is the ever-changing odds. In-game betting odds frequently update, in some cases, after every single play. NFL betting markets are always changing, but live betting odds move far more often than betting odds before the game starts. There are also several types of betting markets that are only available when betting on live NFL.
Nearly every sportsbook will have live NFL odds the sides, totals, and money lines. But, many betting sites have a lot more when it comes to live football betting. Possible live bets like:
- The first half NFL moneyline
- The result of each play (rush for a gain, completed pass, any other outcome)
- The result of the drive
- The first NFL team to score ten points
We dive deeper into a live betting strategy for all sports in this article. For NFL live betting specifically, there are a few tips that bettors can use to maximize their profits and upside.
How to Live Bet On NFL Games
- Choose a Trusted Live NFL Betting Site – The first step to wagering live is choosing an online sportsbook to sign up and deposit. It’s important to read reviews and select a reputable operator that pays players in a timely matter. We have extensive reviews of every betting site online and offer our top recommendations. Don’t worry about if they have live NFL betting or not, all sportsbooks have live betting options these days.
- Get a Bonus – Maximizing deposit bonuses is essential to your long-term bottom-line as an online sports bettor. Be sure to look for a bonus code before depositing if that is required. Some sites may also have specific promotions for live betting, such as SportsBetting.ag’s free risk-free $25 live bet offer.
- Deposit Your Funds – Bettors have an extensive list of deposit options available for live betting. Credit cards, debit cards, and bank wires are available at most sportsbooks, but we usually recommend Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. Almost all sportsbooks charge no fees for deposits and withdrawals with Bitcoin or other cryptos.
- Choose a Live NFL Betting Market – Look for a live betting button or page on the main sportsbook homepage or the NFL betting markets page. Once you decided on which market you’re betting, input your bet amount and get ready to confirm your bet.
- Place Your Bet – Hit submit on your wager and lock in your bet. In-play betting odds won’t be available as long as prematch odds, as the odds will change quickly based on the results of the game or match. It’s important to check your selection and bet amount before confirming your bet, but you will need to act quickly in in-play NFL betting markets.
Best Betting Sites For Live Betting Online
- Accepts Litecoin, Bitcoin other cryptos
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Excellent and timely payouts
- Competitive odds and excellent sportsbook for betting NFL, NBA or NHL
- Football-specific bonuses offered at the start of each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets, including live betting, team and player props
Why Is Sportsbook.ag The Best?
The 50% Up To $1,000 Welcome Bonus is hard to pass by and the payout times are fast. Sportsbetting is the top betting site in the industry and easily the most professional. They offer competitive odds in all sports and tons of NFL markets, from props to live in-game betting.
- Accepts Ethereum, Litecoin other cryptos
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Timely payouts guarantees
- Posts NFL, NBA, and NHL odds earlier than other sportsbooks
- Takes up to $25,000 on NFL point spreads plus other popular sports bets
- Large deposit bonus, up to $1000, and endless reloads
Why Bet At BetOnline?
New players receiving a massive Welcome Bonus of 50% Up To $1000 on their first deposit which makes BetOnline’s rise to one of the top sportsbooks online. They have a long history in the industry but have truly come on in the past few years to be a leader in in-play wagering.
NFL Live Bet Types
NFL bet types for live betting will vary depending on the sportsbook. Every betting site will offer the basics, sides, totals, and moneylines, but there can be many more options, such as halftime lines and loads of in-game propositions. To learn what how each bet works visit out NFL Betting Guide.
Traditional NFL Bets – Sides, Totals, and Moneylines
These are all available as prematch markets, as well. They’re the bare minimum a sportsbook will offer if they have live NFL betting markets available. These will typically have larger betting limits than any other in-game betting markets, like propositions.
Quarter and Halftime Bets
Most sportsbooks will offer live odds on each quarter, the first half, and second half. This typically includes sides and totals on all the above markets. These are some of the rare markets that may be available on the live betting platform and in the prematch or halftime wagering software.
Propositions vary most from sportsbook to sportsbook when it comes to in-game live wagering options. Some may have the outcome of each play available for wagering, the outcome of the drive, the first team to score 10 points and so on. Props are the funniest part of NFL live betting, but they do have considerably lower limits than sides and totals.
Live NFL Betting Strategies
Savvy punters care less about entertainment and take gambling seriously, therefore they all use live betting strategies. There are plenty of them online and they can be more or less successful depending on how well they are implemented. To be frank, no in-play betting strategy will work out all the time and in the absence of proper bankroll management and thorough research. Below you will find our four time-tested strategies that help us to grow your bankroll while live NFL betting.
#1 Strategy – Ability to Wager After the Game Starts
We all lose track of time sometimes and forget to place a bet. Live betting now allows bettors to wager on a game after the opening kickoff. Provided there isn’t a big play at the beginning of the game that changes things – the odds will mostly be the same as the closing line.
#2 Strategy – Get A Better Price Compared to Prematch Markets
Sometimes you miss a line move, and it’s not worth betting before the game starts, but if the opposing team takes an early lead, especially on something like a fluke play, such as a punt or kickoff return – then those odds will drastically change. Taking advantage of variance or early game big plays to get a better price on the side you like is one of best ways to profit when live betting on the NFL.
#3 Strategy – Hedge Your Bet
Live betting allows the opportunity to hedge a pre-match wager if you have already placed a bet. Hedging is something that I think bettors overuse, but there are situations where it’s certainly worth considering, and in-play wagering is an ideal spot to hedge that wasn’t available to bet to bettors decades ago.
#4 Strategy – Bet on NFL Propositions
We always stress to new bettors to look at NFL prop bets. They have lower limits than other bets but are incredibly exploitable, especially if you’re trying to build a bankroll. Many sites offer lots of propositions in their live betting markets.
Live Betting on the Super Bowl 2019
Like everything Super Bowl-related, live NFL betting gets even more serious for the top football event of the year. Not only are pre-game betting limits typically increased for the Super Bowl, but in-game live NFL markets are also expanded and have larger wagering limits. In-play NFL wagering makes the biggest night on the NFL calendar even more fun and each year betting options are growing. If you want to complement your live NFL in-game betting with traditional bets check out our Super Bowl 2019 Betting Guide.