2019 Royal Ascot Betting Preview & Odds | Contenders Pros & Cons
The racing world’s eyes are on the highly anticipated prestigious Royal Ascot week, which runs June 18 to June 22. Get ready for 5 days worth of world-class racing, the latest fashions, pageantry and exquisite dining. The week includes 19 Group races and features 8 Group Ones, the highest level of racing. Here are the best picks!
Best Picks And Bets For The 2019 Royal Ascot
With great expertise comes great results. That’s why the following picks are made by Laurie Ross, a Pedigree Analyst, Handicapper and published author who has successfully picked the winner, plus exactas, superfectas in 11 consecutive Kentucky Derbies. If you are looking for the best picks in the industry, look no further, these are it.
Wednesday, June 19th
The Prince of Wales (G1) 1 1/4 Miles
- Magical is undefeated in 3 starts this year, including a victory in the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Group 1).
- Sea of Class hasn’t run since the Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Group 1) last year, when she flew home to place second behind super mare Enabled, despite a poor post draw and water on the course.
- Crystal Ocean is also a high quality horse who won both starts this year. He’s never been out of the money over this course, including a victory in the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes (G1) last year.
- Included in the very competitive full field is last year’s Epsom Derby (G1) hero Masar.
Thursday, June 20th
Gold Cup (G1) 2 1/2 Miles
- Stradivarius, a winner of six straight stakes races dating back to last May, is looking for back-to-back victories in the Gold Cup. He tuned up for Ascot in the Matchbook Yorkshire Cup Stakes and looms as the one to beat.
- Cross Counter has finished off the board only once in his 9-race career. Fresh off his victory in the Dubai Gold Cup (G2) the 4YO seeks to upset Stradivarius. Cross Counter won last year over this course, so he should handle the going. He will be tested in his first try going the demanding 2 1/2-mile distance.
- Dee Ex Bee is undefeated this year, including the 2 mile 50 yard Henry II Stakes (G3). He placed second in last year’s Epsom Derby (G1). He should be fit to take on this group and is looking to score at long odds.
Friday, June 21st
Commonwealth Cup (G1) 6 Furlongs
- Ten Sovereigns cuts back in distance after a fifth place finish in his 3YO debut, traveling a mile. Last year, he was undefeated at the distance. He may be the tepid favorite.
- Jash enters the Commonwealth in strong form having won the Listed King Charles II Stakes at 7 Furlongs in his 3YO debut. Last year, he was beaten 1/2 length by Ten Sovereigns but could upset the favorite.
- Hello Youmzain has won or placed in 4 of 5 starts, including the Sandy Lane Stakes (G2) last out. He may be higher odds than the other two and could upset.
The Coronation Stakes (G1) 1 Mile
- Hermosa dominated the Irish 1,000 Guineas by 4 lengths last out, over Coronation entrant Pretty Pollyanna.
- Castle Lady wasn’t as impressive in the Poule d’Essai des Pouliches (G1), but the lightly raced filly is undefeated. She and Hermosa could make a race of it.
Saturday, June 22nd
The Diamond Jubilee Stakes (G1) 6 Furlongs
- Invincible Army won booth starts this year by a combined 4 1/4-lengths. Although off form in his final two starts of last year, the bay colt has finished first or second in 10 of 13 starts.
- City Light just missed in last year’s Diamond Jubilee Stakes He tuned up with a good runner-up finish against Inns of Court.
- Inns of Court is undefeated this year, and who takes on a saltier group this time around.
- Blue Point has won all three starts this year by a combined 9 1/4 lengths. He captured last year’s King’s Stand Stakes (G1) by 1 3/4-lengths.
Odds To Win The 2019 Royal Ascot
Royal Ascot Betting At MyBookie Sportsbook
MyBookie.ag is one of our top-rated horse race betting sites. It offers new players a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 on their first deposit. It accepts a variety of cashier methods, including several cryptocurrencies. These are processed for free when making a deposit or requesting a withdrawal. It has some of the highest limits for betting on horse races.
About The Author – Laurie Ross
For more information around this topic, you can go directly to our horse race betting hub where you’ll be able to find detailed betting strategies for different races and the best tips in general for how to get the most for you buck.