2018 Belmont Stakes Betting Online
The Belmont Stakes is the final race in the Triple Crown series of three races that are held annually. The Belmont is the third in the series, after the Preakness Stakes and is held every year in early June at Belmont Park, in Elmont, New York. Elmont is just east of New York City. The race is also called “The Test of a Champion” and “Run for the Carnations”.
It typically has the least excitement and betting handled compared to the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, but this isn’t always the case; particularly if a horse has shot winning the Triple Crown. In 2018, Justify will make such an attempt after winning the Kentucky Derby and Preakness. Belmont Stakes betting odds are available at every sportsbook that has a racebook.
Be sure to check out our top rated and secure sportsbooks as you bet on the Belmont Stakes.
Bet on 2018 Belmont Stakes Online at Top Rated Sportsbooks
2018 Belmont Stakes Horses and Betting Odds
The excitement surrounding the Belmont Stakes is bigger than usual this year, with a potential Triple Crown winner, Justify. He is the odds-on favorite to win at -135 at SportsBetting.ag online sportsbook and racebook. Betting on the Belmont Stakes online is now easier than ever.
|ODDS TO WIN THE BELMONT STAKES 2018 – SPORTSBETTING.AG|
|My Boy Jack||+1200|
|Free Drop Billy||+3500|
How to Pick The Belmont Stakes Winner
Picking the winning horse of the Belmont Stakes isn’t much different than picking the winner of any other race. A knowledge of horses and horse race betting is vital. One consideration for the Belmont Stakes is that some horses may sit out the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes in hopes to be fresh for the Belmont Stakes. This is one of the reasons it’s so difficult for any horse to win the Triple Crown.
How to Place Online Bets on the Belmont Stakes
Placing a bet on the Belmont Stakes race is very easy. Below you can find 5 simple steps to signing up and betting on this amazing horse race.
- Create Account – Create an account at online sportsbook and racebook. We have a great list of online sportsbooks along with extensive reviews. Be sure the sportsbook offers a racebook, in addition to sports betting offering. Almost all do.
- Fund Your Account – Funding your account can be done in a variety of different ways. We recommend cryptocurrencies if you’re an American resident, but an e-wallet or credit or debit card if you’re Canadian or European.
- Find Belmont Stakes Betting Markets – These are usually listed in the racebook, but horse race futures, such as, the winner of the Belmont Stakes may be listed in the sportsbook. To make horse wagers, such as trifectas, exactas, and so on, those must be placed in the racebook.
- Place Your Bet(s) – Click the wagers you wish to bet on and add them to your bet slip. Check your bet amounts and wagers to be sure they are correct before confirming the bet. This is usually done in 2-3 clicks.
- Watch the Belmont Stakes – Kick back, maybe have yourself an adult beverage and enjoy the final race in the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes!
Best Online Horse Betting Sites For American Bettors
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Competitive odds and excellent sportsbook for betting on Belmont Stakes
- Horse racing specific bonuses offered at the start of each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets, including live betting, team and player props
Why Is Sportsbook.ag The Best?
The 50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus is hard to pass by and the payout times are fast. Sportsbetting is the top betting site in the industry and easily the most professional. They offer competitive odds in all sports and tons of horse racing markets, from propositions to live betting.
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Posts Belmont Stakes odds earlier than other sportsbooks
- Takes up large bet on point spreads plus other popular sports bets
- Large deposit bonus, up to $2,500, and endless reloads
Why Bet At BetOnline?
New players receiving a massive Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1000 on their first deposit which makes BetOnline’s rise to one of the top sportsbooks online. They have a long history in the industry but have truly come on in the past few years to be a leader in sportsbetting.
Best Online Horse Betting Sportsbook For International Bettors
- Excellent and timely payouts
- More odds and betting markets access
- Competitive odds on horse racing, football, and other markets.
- Lots of year-round sports promotions and a VIP Program.
- One of the most trusted sites for international bettors.
Why Is Betway The Best?
New players get a 100% Sign-Up Welcome Bonus up to $100. Betway is one of the offshore betting sportsbooks online. Their focus is more on European and British sports, but they have a large assortment of markets for both horse racing, formula one, and European football (soccer).
Belmont Stakes Race Information
The 150th Belmont Stakes will take place on June 9 between 4:00 and 7:00 PM EST. There will be nine other races at Belmont Park before the main Belmont Stakes race occurs. Early coverage of other races will begin at 2 PM EST on NBCSN. The race will also stream live at BelmontStakes.com. It is also available for streaming on the NBC App for mobile devices.
There are 14 horses competing in the 2018 Belmont Stakes. The race is 1.5 miles long. The prize pool in the 2017 Belmont Stakes was $1.5 million. The winner of last year’s race took home $800,000.
Belmont Stakes History
The Belmont Stakes is longest running out of the three Triple Crown races. Its history dates back to 1867 and is named after August Belmont. He was a famous financier, sportsman, and diplomat.
1973 Triple Crown winner, Secretariat, holds the record for the fastest time at Belmont at 2:24.
Previous Belmont Stakes Winners
|YEAR||WINNING HORSE||JOCKEY||RACE TIME|
|2016||Creator||Irad Ortiz Jr.||2:28.51|
|2015||*American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||2:26.65|
|2013||Palace Malice||Mike Smith||2:30.70|
|2012||Union Rags||John Velazquez||2:30.42|
|2011||Ruler on Ice||Jose Valdivia Jr.||2:30.88|
|2009||Summer Bird||Kent Desormeaux||2:27.54|
*Last to Win Triple Crown: American Pharoah
American Pharoah won the American Triple Crown and the Breeders’ Cup Classic in 2015. By winning all four races, he became the first horse to win the Grand Slam of Thoroughbred racing.