Yes, it’s officially legal to bet on March Madness in 2019 as well as participating in an office bracket betting pool. Wagering on March Madness and the NCAA tournament is an activity that all sports bettors love, but many have legal questions when it comes to betting on sports. There has been a lot of news in the world of sports betting in the last year as the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a decades-old law in the Professional Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992, which prohibited legalizing sports betting outside of few states.
Is March Madness Betting Legal In My State?
The short answer: Yes!
However, there are a few different ways to bet on sports. Since the change in US law, a few states have begun to regulate sports betting, the most notable being, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. From a legal perspective, as an individual bettor, you do not have much to worry about when it comes to placing bets. If you’re betting at a sportsbook at a casino, with your neighborhood bookie, or on the internet – your risk is close to zero. Some states have laws against placing bets, but these are almost never enforced.
Yes, You Can Bet Legally On The Tournament
Betting on sports or the NCAA Tournament has never been easier. There is an option no matter where you are in the United States. Some states will have several choices, such as land-based sportsbooks, local bookies, or online March Madness betting sites. Some bettors will have all three options.
However, most will have to opt for online betting sites, as sports betting regulation and land-based sportsbooks are still not available in most states. The betting options when it comes to online sportsbooks are quite vast and much better than offline options.
Betting legally on March Madness is simple. If you’re new to gambling online, here are a few basic steps.
- Choose a Betting Site – We have extensive reviews of the top online betting sites. Check out our reviews and our top recommendations before choosing a site and depositing. Making an account is simple and can be done in just a few minutes. Most sportsbooks require an email and some personal information, like your mailing address to make an account.
- Make A Deposit – Funding your account can be done in several different ways. Credit card and debit card deposits are the most convenient way to deposit as their instant, and nearly everyone has one in their wallet. However, they can come with higher fees than other methods. We recommend cryptocurrencies as they come with no fees for depositing and withdrawing.
- Get A Bonus – Nearly every online betting site offers bonuses for new players when they first sign up and make a deposit. Also, most sportsbooks will provide additional bonuses for March Madness. In some cases, bettors will be able to get a bonus for signing up, and then an extra reload bonus for the NCAA Tournament. Now, that is a deal!
- Place A Bet – There are a variety of bets you can place on the NCAA Tournament. Check out our March Madness betting guide and if you’re new to sports betting, some of the basics.
- Watch March Madness – Sit back and watch the Tournament. There are many contests available for March Madness like the $50K Bracket Challenge we are participating at SBS.
March Madness Betting At MyBookie Sportsbook
MyBookie.ag is one of our top-rated March Madness betting sites. It offers new players a 50% Bonus up to $1,000 on their first deposit. It accepts a variety of cashier methods, including several cryptocurrencies. These are processed for free when making a deposit or requesting a withdrawal. It has some of the highest limits for betting on college hoops.