2020 NBA Playoffs Betting
NBA Playoffs betting has increased drastically in recent years. In fact, no sport has grown as much as basketball, both in terms of television ratings and betting handle.
For fans of betting on basketball, the regular season – a full 82 games – offers a ton of wagering opportunities. However, it’s still an appetizer to the main course, the NBA Playoffs.
In this article, we’ll go over some of the most popular playoff bets, strategies, and betting tips. Read on to learn everything you need to know to bet on NBA Postseason.
Best NBA Playoffs Betting Sites
How To Bet On The NBA Playoffs
Let’s start at the beginning. Below, you’ll find a guide with 4 simple steps on how to place your bets during the NBA Playoffs:
- Choose Your NBA Betting Site – All sportsbooks offer odds on NBA betting. Since that is the case, it’s all about picking a reputable and trustworthy sportsbook. The key factors to look for when choosing an online betting site are bonuses, trustworthiness, and payout speeds. We’ve done a lot of the work for you at SBS. These are our top-rated sportsbooks.
- Look For NBA playoffs Betting Bonuses – Sportsbooks offer NBA bettors a deposit bonus when they sign up. However, several will also provide exclusive bonuses after the regular basketball season. Make sure you take advantage of them and maximize your deposit bonus.
- Make A Deposit – There are a variety of ways to deposit at online sportsbooks. We recommend cryptocurrencies since there’s no fee to deposit and withdraw. However, more traditional methods are available – such as credit and debit cards and bank wires.
- Choose An NBA Playoffs Wager – During the Playoffs, basketball odds markets are featured very visibly at online sportsbooks. You typically won’t have to look around much to find odds on sides, totals, and moneylines on NBA basketball. There are also plenty of more options when it comes to propositions and live betting.
- Place Your Bet – Once you have chosen your wagering market, it usually just takes one click to add your selection to your bet slip. From there, you can select your wager amount and submit your bet. Be sure to check that you have the correct wager and betting amount before hitting submit. Sportsbooks are opting for one-click confirmations on bets these days, so be sure to double-check your wager before clicking the mouse to place your bet.
NBA Playoff Betting Odds And Lines
Ready to place your bets? Check out the odds and lines for your favorite games at some of our most trusted sites:
Get The Latest NBA Playoff Odds At These Sites
Bet The NBA Playoffs At The Top Online Sportsbook
|NBA Betting Site||Deposit Bonus||Highlights||Get Started|
|MyBookie.ag||50% Up To $1,000||
Looking for more top sportsbooks? Check out our list of the best NBA betting sites
Most Popular NBA Playoffs Bets
The most popular NBA wager will always be point spread betting, but there are a whole host of other markets available when it comes to betting on basketball. Wagering limits may also be higher during the Playoffs compared to the regular season, especially when it comes to the NBA Finals.
Individual Game Betting
These are the basics of sports betting. Sides, totals, and moneylines are available for every game of the NBA Playoffs. But there are a lot of other options, including quarter bets, half-time bets, team and player propositions, and live betting.
Bettors can wager on which team will win each playoff series. This is an especially fun market and one that can be especially profitable if you’re an experienced NBA bettor. However, one must weigh the value of betting the series line versus wagering on each game. Some bettors may opt to do both, which is not a bad strategy.
Series Total Games Betting
This is quite a speculative market. It allows bettors to wager on the number of games that will be played before the series ends. In some cases, you can bet on the number of games played and the series winner. These bets have quite high payouts but are extremely difficult to predict. We don’t recommend betting this market often. You should only place bets here if you feel your edge is significant.
NBA Live Betting
NBA Live betting or in-play betting is a significant market for betting NBA basketball. Live betting handle increases every year. All the individual game markets are available for live betting, and then some. There are several strategies to implement specifically for NBA live betting.
Betting Tips For The NBA Playoffs
The wagering strategy doesn’t change much when it comes to betting the Playoffs, but there are a few aspects that bettors should consider with playoff markets compared to regular season betting.
For those that want to get more money down on games, some sportsbooks will up their wagering limits on NBA Playoff games.
Betting Tip #1Don’t Forget About Bankroll Management
The fact that sportsbooks may take more in betting action during the postseason, doesn’t mean you have to bet more. What makes up a good bet doesn’t change in the playoffs.
Bankroll management is vital. A bet is a bet, just because the stakes on the court are higher for the players, doesn’t mean you have to wager more of your bankroll.
Betting Tip #2Lean Towards Betting Unders
Public betting influence is much higher in the playoffs compared to the regular season. That means, they will affect betting lines far more than they do in the regular season. And, the betting masses love betting the over.
Unders in the NBA are a subset in the regular season, but that’s even truer during the Playoffs. Totals may be inflated by public betting action on the over. Look to bet under on totals that have been inflated.
Betting Tip #3Focus On NBA Propositions
NBA Propositions are the weakest markets available and excellent bankroll builders for new bettors. Limits may be raised on these markets in the postseason, making them even more of a priority for bettors.
2020 NBA Playoffs Bracket Betting
In addition to sports betting, several sites run NBA Playoff Bracket pools.
NBA.com has the largest contest online, but other sites also offer pools for the post-season.
They’re a great way to get some extra action in on the Playoffs on top of betting sports. If you love the NBA Playoffs like most Americans, you most likely enjoy some friendly competition with your friends or workmates.
When you have gotten a group together, print the 2020 bracket and make a fun betting event for everybody.
NBA Playoff Betting Picks
We don’t recommend paying for picks. Instead, stick with your sports betting basics when handicapping the Playoffs.
We offer free picks here at Safest Betting Sites for most NBA Playoff games, as well. Make sure you check them out before placing your bet.
We don’t have to change our tactics and strategy too much when betting on the Playoffs compared to the regular season.
However, the best NBA playoff betting strategies center around public betting influence and, when possible, using the increased wagering limits to your advantage.
Silver Considering NBA Charity Game, Permanent Schedule Reshaping
A Charity Game Is A Possibility Rather than turning to more obscure...
NBA Season Suspended As Coronavirus Rocks The Sports World Over 12-Hour Stretch
Coronavirus Infiltrates Sports Realm Until Wednesday, the coronavirus...
NBA Rookie of the Year Betting Preview, Odds, And Pick
Just two months ago, Ja Morant was running away with the NBA Rookie...
Embiid Set for Shoulder MRI, Joins Simmons on Bench
Philadelphia Already Facing Uphill Battle The Philadelphia 76ers are...
When do the NBA Playoffs take place?
The NBA regular season ends in early April each year. After the conclusion of the regular season, playoff rosters are set, and the post-season begins 48 hours later.
Eight teams from the Eastern and Western Conferences make the NBA Playoffs, and each series is decided in a best-of-seven game’s format.
The NBA Conference Finals usually begin in mid-May. Once there is only a single team remaining from each conference, the NBA Finals begin. The Finals typically start in late May and can stretch into mid-June, depending on the number of games played.