Motor Sports Online Betting
Motorsports racing is one of the oldest forms of competition in the world. The minute cars and motorcycles were invented people were willing to race them. With the infatuation for speed and fierce competition to win the race drivers were joined by bettors trying to get on the action. Online betting on motorsports racing events is extremely exciting and rewarding. Motorsports betting borrows many of the most enticing elements of horse racing and combines them with unparalleled technology and speed. You can bet on motorsports races in Europe, United States or around the world via online sportsbooks.
Best Online Motorsports Betting Sites 2018
How To Bet On Motor Sports Racing Online
Online betting on motorsports is not much different than betting on any other sport. The concepts and strategies are similar to what you would use when betting on football or horse racing. Most of the time, bettors are wagering on propositions bets or futures using a point spread when betting at an online betting sites. Motorsports racing betting strategy will be a little different compared to other sports which you can find out below. However, the mechanics of motorsports racing betting online are the same as betting on any other sport online.
- Choose A Sportsbook That Offers Motorsports Betting – Most online betting sites do offer motorsports racing as part of their betting menu. It will be listed in the sports betting section in the top navigation menu where it says “sports.” Check out our recommended online sportsbooks.
- Choose A Race – Just like other forms of sports betting, motorsports betting enthusiasts are in the golden age of online betting. Before you can pick your race driver, you must choose the race you want to bet on. Motorsports races usually happen on the weekends through the year with a few weeks off for the winter holiday and summer vacations.
- Choose Your Race Driver And Bet Type – Now comes the time to place your wager. Choose the race driver you want to bet on then select your bet type. Motorsports racing bets are easy to understand. However, it’s important to understand each bet type before betting.
- Confirm Your Bet – Betting sites usually require a few clicks to confirm a bet. One click to add it to your bet slip, another to place the bet and a final click to finalize the wager. Be sure that your wager amount and selection are correct before placing your bet.
- Enjoy The Race -Once you have placed all your bets relax and grab a beer while you watch the drivers speeding around the track.
Popular Motorsports Races To Bet Online
Motorsports betting online can be done almost every weekend for the majority of the year. There are a few significant race series that garner far more betting interest than the others. Between Formula one, NASCAR or MotoGP there is plenty of action and betting markets to place your winning bets.
Formula One (also known as Formula 1 or F1) is the highest class of auto racing regulated by the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA). The Formula One World Championship has been one of the premier forms of racing around the world since its inaugural season in 1950. The “formula” in the name refers to the set of rules to which all drivers and drivers’ teams must conform. The results of each race are evaluated using a points system to determine championships for drivers and the other for constructors.
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is an American auto racing company that regulates and operates stock-car racing series. Its three largest series are Monster Energy Cup, the Xfinity Series, and the Camping World Truck Series. NASCAR oversees over 1,500 races at over 100 tracks in 39 US states as well as in Canada and has presented races at circuits in Japan, Mexico, and in Australia.
MotoGP is the premier motorcycle racing World Championship which consists of 19 race series. The world’s most skilled riders line a grid on Aprilia, Ducati, Honda, Yamaha, and KTM motorcycles. MotoGP was established as a World Championship by the FIM in 1949. It is the oldest motorsports championship in the world and consists of three racing classes that take to the track on a typical Grand Prix weekend. The championship is currently divided into three classes: MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3.
Motorsports Bets & Odds Explained
Motorsports betting comes in the form of a moneyline, odds and at times you will also see online sportsbooks offering proposition bets. When you log into your account you will see different odds such as -100, +150, etc. These numbers show you how big of a favorite or underdog each driver is viewed as well as the payout odds you will get if you win the bet. In our race previews and picks, we cover which driver is the best bet to win and why.
Money line In Motorsports
The moneyline in motorsports betting is simply the prediction of the race outcome either it be the racer driver or team. If driver X is -150 on the moneyline then he is deemed to be the favorite to win. If you were to bet $100 on X driver you would make $50 if he won. On the flip side, if X driver’s money line is +150 it means he’s an underdog. If you were to bet $100 on X then you’d win $150. You can make decent money if the underdog racer driver wins the race since you win more than you have put in your bet.
Race Driver Championship Odds
You can bet on which racer will win the current year’s championship. This is awarded to the driver which accumulates the most amount of points from race finishes throughout the course of the year.
Constructors’ Championship Odds
You can also bet on the constructors’ championship. This title is awarded to the team which finished with the most points cumulatively after a full season.
Race Winner Odds
For the race event, there several betting markets available across multiple online sportsbooks. The most popular of these is the race winner. The race winner is decided by which driver finishes the race and crosses the finish line ahead of the rest of the field.
Motorsports Betting Strategies
There are a number of different betting strategies which you should utilize in order to improve your knowledge of motorsports if you want to be sure to make money betting on it. This, in turn, should increase your profit making and the ability to spot solid odds for the outcome of specific races and race drivers.
Use Of Statistics In Motor Sport Betting
Firstly, it is important to talk about the statistics as each F1 race, NASCAR or MotoGP are largely data-driven sports. Small details can have a profound impact on the outcome of any race or driver’s performance. Thus, having background knowledge on the race favorites stats will boost your ability to pick the right driver to bet on.
Looking At Race Driver Track Performance
It is important to take into account ahead of a race weekend detailed information on upcoming race circuits and which driver favors that track. Further, it is important to be aware of the recent history of the race and the records which currently stand to use it in order to narrow down each drivers’ chances.
Don’t Miss Reading Race Previews
You should read race previews and our free motorsports picks before to race weekend. They often have useful news and inside knowledge and regularly divulge the drivers’ and teams’ morale before the upcoming races.
The Weather Affects Motorsports Betting
The weather plays a huge roll in the outcome of motorsport races. Falling rain has produced some of the most infamous racing incidents in the sport’s history. Don’t forget to take into account which race drivers fare better in wet or changeable conditions.
Grid Position Matters The Most
Grid position at certain circuits can play a bigger role than others factors mentioned above. A track, that is twisty and windy makes it hard for drivers to overtake one another. On the other hand, long wide straightaways allow for good passing. If you look closely at the historical stats, having the pole positions often guarantees to win the race.
Best Online Motorsports Betting Sites For American Bettors
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Competitive odds and excellent sportsbook for betting on Nascar, F1 or MotoGP
- Motorsports racing specific bonuses offered at the start of each season
- Large assortment of sports betting markets, including live betting, team and player props.
Why Is Sportsbook.ag The Best?
The 50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus is hard to pass by and the payout times are fast. Sportsbetting is the top betting site in the industry and easily the most professional. They offer competitive odds in all sports and tons of motorsports racing markets, from propositions to futures.
- Accepts Litecoin and Bitcoin
- Accepts all major credit cards
- Posts motorsports racing odds earlier than other sportsbooks.
- Takes up large bet on point spreads plus other popular sports bets.
- Large deposit bonus, up to $2,500, and endless reloads.
Why Bet At BetOnline?
New players receiving a massive Welcome Bonus of 50% up to $1000 on their first deposit which makes BetOnline’s rise to one of the top sportsbooks online. They have a long history in the industry but have truly come on in the past few years to be a leader in sports betting.
Best Online Motorsports Betting Sportsbook For International Bettors
- Excellent and timely payouts
- More odds and betting markets access
- Competitive odds on motorsports racing, football, and other markets.
- Lots of year-round sports promotions and a VIP Program.
- One of the most trusted sites for international bettors.
Why Is Betway The Best?
New players get a 100% Sign-Up Welcome Bonus up to $100. Betway is one of the offshore betting sportsbooks online. Their focus is more on European and British sports, but they have a large assortment of markets for both F1, Nascar, MotoGP, and European football (soccer).